The Shasta Lodge of the Order Sons & Daughters of Italy in America was formed in 1980 with approximately 150 charter members. Since that time, we have been prominent in the community promoting the Italian culture, providing scholarships, and raising funds to support many local charities.
The Order Sons & Daughters of Italy in America is the oldest and largest national organization in the United States for Italian American men and women.
- Founded in 1905 by Dr. Vincenzo Sellaro to help early Italian immigrants assimilate into American society.
- Accomplishments: Promoting immigration legislation; supporting trade and diplomatic relations between the United States and Italy; encouraging educational achievement through scholarships; serving local communities through cultural events and raising funds for local charities.
The Order Sons & Daughters of Italy consists of two subsidiaries:
- SOI Foundation, which has given more than $93 million to medical research, disaster relief, and scholarships since 1959.
- Commission for Social Justice founded in 1979 to protest the stereotyping of Italian Americans.
The Order Sons & Daughters of Italy in America has three tiers:
- National Organization in Washington DC
- Grand Lodge of CA in San Francisco
- Local Chapters throughout California
The local chapter of Order Sons & Daughters of Italy in America located in Redding, CA (Shasta Lodge #2453) formed in 1980. We participate in many community activities and contribute to a variety of local and national charities.
If you are interested in joining the Shasta Lodge, click on Membership Application to proceed.